Skip to main content

Research Update

While doing work on my research paper, the most difficult part was finding the sources. This was difficult because I couldn’t find enough sources on the databases that were relevant to my topic. Another piece of the project that was difficult for me was the annotated bibliography. This was challenging for me because it made me realize that some of my sources weren’t working well with my topic, so i had to go find new ones.

However, after I had finished the annotated bibliography and had sources that supported my topic, I feel like my ideas became more organized. I feel like I have a better idea of what I want to do with my paper. One thing that helped me get to where I am was writing out the main ideas that I want to cover in my paper because it organized my thoughts on paper. From here on out, I feel like the writing process will get easier as we become more and more organized.

Comments

  1. It's a good thing you found new sources. I like how you described your process

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same problem with my sources. They would relate to my topic somewhat, but when it came time to do the annotated bib and notecards, I realized they weren't meaningful enough to my topic. Good post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fall Break

       Fall break is one of my favorite times of the year because it gives me time to relax and do whatever I want. My break started off with having a friend over to spend the night. While she was over, we went to the Episcopal football game and met up with some people there. We stayed until the very end and cheered on the Knights. After the game, we went back to my house and watched some movies.        The next day, we went to the mall. It was so much fun because we got to walk around and shop. One of my favorite stores at the mall is Sephora. We went to Sephora and tested all of the newest make-up and skin care products. After a long day of shopping, we went to the food court and got some ice cream. Once we had both gotten home, I spent the next few days relaxing and taking a break from school.

Thanksgiving Break

        During my thanksgiving break, the first thing I did was go to drivers ed. It felt just like school because I would have to get up early and I wouldn't get home until four. Although the class itself was boring, my friend Katherine was also there, so that made it much better. Once we were done with class, we would go to the mall or Perkins Rowe. Four days later, we were done with the class, and we could finally relax.           On thanksgiving day, I woke up and watched the parade with my family. This is something I've done ever since I was little. Our thanksgiving meal didn't take that much time because it was just me, my parents, and my sister who were eating at our house. This year was very different because all of my other Thanksgivings were with my whole family, so it was nice to have a small meal with just us four. Once the holiday had passed, I spent time with my friends and took time to relax.

Flash Fiction

     Sarah was woken abruptly by the sound of her alarm. The sun didn't shine through her bedroom window like it always did when her alarm clock sounded. The clock read five-thirty in the morning, and that's when Sarah remembered that she was leaving for Italy today! She sprang out of bed, careful not to trip over her overflowing suitcase she had packed a week in advance. She brushed her teeth and put on her outfit she had laid out the night before. The time had finally come to load up in the car, and Sarah and her family drove to the airport. The roads were almost empty, and the sun had started to rise behind the buildings they drove by. She grew more and more excited with every passing minute. Once Sarah and her family arrived at the airport, she was bursting with excitement. She marched through the sliding doors with her passport in hand, and she knew this would be the best week of her life.